Thriving, Reviving, & Driving: Changing the Paradigm
July 27, 2022 | 11 AM-2:30 PM ET
Join the Center for School Health Innovation & Quality for the 2022 School Nurse Leadership Summit. The summit will offer three sessions relevant to school nurse leaders and researchers.
Sessions and Speakers:
Building a Thriving Workplace
Learn techniques that will help you and your school nurse colleagues be more resilient, as well as how to use these skills and resources to lead a culture of health in your school.
Speaker: Ali A. Weinstein, PhD, Associate Professor, Senior Scholar, Center for the Advancement of Well-Being, George Mason University. Dr Weinstein focuses on important contributors to health and wellness within the broad context of medical psychology: depression, stress, and physical activity/exercise.
Academic-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen the School Nursing Workforce and Evidence-Based Practice: It’s all about (Reviving) Relationships
Learn how school nurse leaders and researchers can work together, leveraging each other’s skills and addressing both group’s goals.
- Mayumi A. Willgerodt PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN, FNASN, Associate Professor and Vice-Chair, Education in Child, Family, and Population Health Nursing at the University of Washington
- Annie Hetzel, MSN, RN, NCSN, School Health Services Consultant, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Washington
Changing the School Nursing Narrative with Policymakers & Decision Makers (Driving)
Learn how to effectively communicate using evidence, data, and stories so policymakers understand, listen, and act!
Facilitator: Marla Salmon, ScD, RN, FAAN, Professor, University of Washington
- Carol Myers, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor at the University of Tennessee College of Nursing, Dr Myers is the creator and co-host of HealthConnections radio, on WUOT-FM, the Knoxville NPR-affiliate. Myers blogs, Tweets, and authors OpEds and other commentaries.
- Tara Cortes, PhD, RN, FAAN, Executive Director and Professor at Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, New York University Meyers College of Nursing. Dr. Cortes was appointed as a 2013-2015 American Political Science Association Congressional Fellow and serves as a senior advisor at CMS in the Office of Medicare and Medicaid Coordination Office.
- Shirley Girouard, PhD, RN, FAAN, Health policy consultant Council of State Governments-Eastern (CSG-East), Co-director Brooklyn Initiative to Develop Geriatrics Education (GWEP) at State University New York Downstate (SUNY-DS) & Dr Girouard serves on the State of Connecticut’s Primary Care and Community Health Reforms Work. She has held positions in philanthropy, public service, management and administration in professional organizations, healthcare and education, and serving on national, state and local committees.