Full-Time | Alexandria, VA or Remote | Salary: $69,000-$85,000
To Apply: Please send cover letter , resume, and three professional references to [email protected].
Accreditation Specialists manage the progress of selected health department applicants through the accreditation or Pathways process, which includes reviewing materials and documentation submitted online, coordinating logistics, serving as a technical resource, attending site visits across the country, and communicating between key stakeholders. Accreditation Specialists work extensively with employees from Tribal, local, state, and territorial public health departments to provide technical assistance as the health departments move through the accreditation process. They also work closely with public health professionals that have been trained as volunteer reviewers for the accreditation process. The Accreditation Specialist is considered to be part of the review team and is responsible for ensuring that the reviews and reports are accurate and clear.
- Use e-PHAB daily to check alerts, respond to technical assistance requests, send correspondence, and review and approve applicant materials submitted online
- Manage all aspects of the PHAB accreditation or Pathways process online and track progress of assigned health department applicants through the documentation selection and submission, site visit, site visit reports, annual reports, and reaccreditation steps
- Serve as an accreditation resource to the PHAB staff and external stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Accreditation Specialist team and the Director of Accreditation to ensure technical and program aspects of the accreditation process are congruent and ensure protocols/procedures are followed
- Coordinate with the Program Team concerning Site Visitors and their assignments
Full Accreditation Specialist Job Description >
Full-Time | Remote | Salary: $69,000-$85,000
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This position will provide general support to the Director of Education Services and the rest of the organization as it relates to all education related initiative the organization undertakes. The Education Specialist will provide direct support in the areas listed below and will work with leadership and staff across the organization to develop and implement education and training materials that support the goals and mission of PHAB. The position will provide an opportunity to learn about and be a part of shaping the practice of public health throughout the country.
Responsibilities of the Education Specialist are conducted under the supervision of the Director of Education Services. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Support the Director of Education Services in the development of content trainings, courses, webinars, etc. for internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct needs analyses, in coordination with the Program, Research and Evaluation team and other staff, to ensure all curriculum and training content is consistently meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Support the department in developing and implementing PHAB’s education strategies to support the strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Work with Tribal, local, state, and territorial public health departments to support their education and training process as it related to the accreditation, recognition or other PHAB programs.
- Consult with PHAB staff on training needs for health departments at the various stages of the accreditation or Pathways recognition processes.
Full Education Specialist Job Description >